Film Review: Rockers



1. How does Leroy "Horsemouth" Wallace from Rockers compare to Ivan Martin from The Harder They Come?


Horsemouth and Ivan compare in the fact that they were both related to the reggae industry, therefore they were also related to the corruption inside said industry. Both were quite sexist and that bothered me to no end, how could they just think for they own wellbeing? they had women who supported them, but they were still thinking just in themselves. I clearly appreciate more Leroy, because at the end he did something for the common well of his people, while Ivan died in his own rule (even though I can't judge him, because I have never experienced a life such as his).


Imagen relacionada

2. What is your favorite scene from the film? Why?


I also enjoyed the robbery scene, it was like they released all the anger toward the owner of the music studio, he was such a despicable man, who took advantage of others needs to make profit or even to steal money or material possessions. I think they made karma happen and the gave back the stolen furniture and money to their rightful owners. I also liked the scenes in the disco, because I loved the music and to watch how they danced :)

Resultado de imagen para rockers movie gifResultado de imagen para rockers movie gif

3.  Did you like/dislike the film? Why/Why Not?


I have to say that it was kind of hard for me to understand the movie, there was something in the sequences that I could not follow. 

I disliked how he treated his wife and children. I don't know if it is something of their culture, but he was really disrespectful towards his wife. He put them in second place and thought of his motorcycle first, even though he had three kids to feed.

I also have to say that I really liked the music of the film, it is so good and always makes me want to dance.

I liked the fact that Leroy made something for all the people and not just for himself. I appreciate that, because he could have just taken his bike back, but he decided to take the possessions that other citizens deserved. 

Finally, I appreciate how they portrayed the influence of capitalism in a third world country and how it affects the people, who, deprived of education and possibilities, have to struggle to have proper lives.
Resultado de imagen para rockers movie gif


Comentarios

Entradas populares